A Leader in the Travel Nursing Industry
For more than two decades, Fastaff/U.S. Nursing Corporation pioneered the practice of Rapid Response℠ travel nurse staffing and has earned the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval. We have serviced more than 700 healthcare facilities in the last ten years and today provide staffing from a database of more than 10,000 specialty nurses. Fastaff is one of the top travel nursing agencies in the nation. U.S. Nursing Corporation has staffed or helped avert more than 95 percent of all healthcare labor disputes nationwide, and is the only resource for comprehensive services throughout strike preparation and implementation.
Our Corporate Office seeks a dynamic individual with full cycle accounting experience to serve as Senior Staff Accountant within the Accounting Department. Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Staff Accountant will assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements and month-end close; and provide ongoing general business support and analysis.
• Assist in month-end close procedures and preparation of monthly financial statements.
• Review financial statements for reasonableness, operating trends and proper revenue and expense categorization and classification.
• Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts to ensure accurate financial statements. Perform related monthly journal entries.
• Prepare and submit monthly debt compliance documentation.
• Assist with the calculation of commissions, utilization rates, and other ad hoc reporting as requested.
• Calculate overhead allocations, verify and review operating unit expenses and gross margins.
• Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
• Work with tax authorities and assist in preparation of information for tax returns.
• Assist in preparation of annual budgets and weekly cash forecasts.
• Work with external auditors for financial statement audits.
• Document business processes to enhance cross-training within the team, including making recommendations for process improvements.
• Performs special analysis and projects as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA and/or public experience is a plus.
• The minimum related experience required for this position is 3 years.
• Knowledge of accounting and an understanding of general ledger accounts, including reconciliation and analysis.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers, management, and external customers.
• Ability to perform analysis on general ledger and other financial information.
• Skilled in Microsoft Word and Outlook and advanced Excel skills such as vlookups and pivot tables. Working knowledge of PeopleSoft preferable.
• Strong decision making skills including the ability to extrapolate from written procedures and policies.
• Effective organizational and time management skills. Exceptional commitment to accuracy and attention for detail.