More than two decades ago, Fastaff pioneered the practice of Rapid Response® travel nurse staffing. Since then, the company has grown to become the leading provider of urgent and crucial temporary nurses to help hospitals provide continuous, high-quality patient care. We partner with many of the nation’s largest and most prestigious healthcare facilities – as well as small community hospitals – to meet acute staffing needs and provide round-the-clock, unparalleled patient care. Why wouldn't you want to join an innovative, fast-paced, meaningful organization leading our talented payroll team?
The Payroll Director will be a strong visionary leader in the payroll industry to lead the payroll operations team. The company will be exploring a new system implementation conversion, and this individual will have the unique opportunity to provide substantial input on the payroll design. This individual will be responsible for the nationwide oversight of employee payments, payroll tax reporting, payroll accounting and to assure annual reporting is accurate.
What will I be doing as a Payroll Director?
· Maintains an understanding of payroll concepts, methods, standards, principles, and technology, and makes sound decisions and recommendations based on that understanding.
· Possesses and applies a nationwide comprehensive knowledge of current and evolving best practices and industry trends.
· Leads and applies strategic plan for Payroll Department consistent with the strategic vision of the Company.
· Leadership and guidance of payroll operational team to ensure timely and accurate payroll results within multiple established deadlines.
· Guides and influences people, processes, and resources to support the best interests of the business. Builds trusting relationships with business leaders and partners.
· Thinks analytically, focuses on the big picture, and is able to drill into the detail and understand the impact.
· Instrumental in the selection of and leading a new system implementation conversion.
· Provide payroll representation, input and direction in support of various business strategies
What kind of background do I need to have in order to be successful in the role of Payroll Director?
· Bachelor’s degree in related field (Finance, Accounting or Business Management) required.
· Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) required.
· At least 10+ years of payroll operations experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
· Multi-state (California & New York included) payroll experience.
· Successful history of leading and implementing a new system.
· Experience working within a high volume, fast-paced staffing firm preferred.
· Proven knowledge or all Federal and Provincial payroll related legislation and employment standards; FLSA, DOL.
· Experience and understanding of flexible work schedules.
· At least 5 years of management experience; able to coach, lead and mentor a team.
· Effective planning and organizational skills with the ability to adapt to change and perform effectively under pressure.
· Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in fast paced and competing priorities environment.
· Proven experience partnering with various internal business functions (recruiting, sales, credentialing, human resources, etc.)