More than two decades ago, Fastaff pioneered the practice of Rapid Response® travel nurse staffing. Since then, the company has grown to become the leading provider of urgent and crucial temporary nurses to help hospitals provide continuous, high-quality patient care. We partner with many of the nation’s largest and most prestigious healthcare facilities, like a hospital located in New York. This hospital is on a magnet path and with over 80 talented Fastaff nurse travelers on-site, we are in need to fill this unique opportunity as a Clinical Liaison.
These are functions a Registered Nurse / Clinical Liaison must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Partner with nurse managers and nursing directors at each campus; providing support or assistance as appropriate related to scheduling, timekeeping, unit specific goals for quality or other key initiatives.
• Regular in-person visits to each hospital campus, meeting with nurse managers and/or other nursing leaders as well as Fastaff travelers; review successes and challenges, current needs and priorities for each.
• Regular attendance at management meetings, weekly team meetings or others as designated by senior nursing leaders.
• Work closely with staffing office(s) as appropriate, ensuring appropriate utilization of travelers.
• Work closely with clinical educators, assist with hospital orientation as well as Epic training, ensuring successful on-boarding of new travelers.
• Ongoing communication with nursing leaders and Fastaff travelers; available 24/7 via phone, text and email as a resource for each, resolving concerns in an efficient manner.
• Partner with nursing leaders to handle performance or personnel issues.
• Act as liaison between hospital leadership and Fastaff client services team.
• Organize and conduct monthly pre-orientation events (meet and greets); use as an opportunity to partner Fastaff’s new travelers with the seasoned travelers working at the same facilities.
• Act as a champion for the Fastaff traveler; provide coaching and guidance, facilitate communication with hospital leaders as appropriate.
• Ensure Fastaff travelers are compliant with credentials management for the duration of their assignment at the hospital; including mandatory training and re-certifications as well as other file completion documents as needed.
• Ensure Fastaff travelers are compliant with hospital's time and attendance policies and practices, assisting as needed to resolve discrepancies related to billable hours.
What experience and background do I need to have to be a successful Clinical Liaison?
A few "nice to knows"